Frequent visitor? Who isn't? Check back
here for an easy link to new content.
- 14 April 2019: Long time no update! Completed 2018 (which has been up since lasty year, but just not updated here) and added three pages to 2019.
- 26 September 2017: Happy fall, y'all! Updates to Summer 2017 and adding photos from the Virgin Islands.
- 1 June 2017: It's June, so, uh...happy new year?
- 22 November 2016: More updates to Fall 2016.
- 18 October 2016: Updates throughout 2016, including adding Summer and Fall.
- 12 March 2016: Added an album for 2016, featuring White Sands, snow in El Paso, and photos from parks throughout the Four Corners region.
- 20 October 2015: More 2015 photos, from my road trip to northeast New Mexico.
- 12 July 2015: More 2015 photos, including Carlsbad Caverns and other spots around El Paso, like our trips to the El Paso Zoo.
- 16 March 2015: More 2014 photos, as well as a new folder for 2015.
- 28 October 2014: New album: Korea, showing photos of our visit to South Korea, and a little bit of North Korea to boot.
- 5 June 2014: New directory added for 2014. Some great shots of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and of course, Oklahoma, including life-fire artillery exercises on Fort Sill.
- 24 December 2013: Added a folder for winter under the 2013 gallery. Come see icy Oklahoma!
- 10 December 2013: Nine months since the last update. Fitting, because I have baby pictures. Also photos of Callaway Gardens, Oklahoma road trips, and the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. See 'em all in the 2013 gallery. Hope you like 'em.
- 10 March 2013: Another new year?! Been a while since the last update. Enjoy 2012 and 2013.
- 1 January 2012: A new year, and a bunch of updates. Added photos from Alabama, Florida, San Diego, Birmingham, and Fall 2011 to the Back in the USA page. And a new page dedicated to our December trip to Japan!!
- 25 April 2011: Oops. This isn't the first update since June 2010, just the first update to the update page. Plenty of additions to the Back in the USA page, adding photos from the past ten months, including our latest trip to Savannah. Added a separate page to highlight all the cats we've come across in our travels, including the two we keep at home, Little Bit and Ciao Bello.
16 June 2010: Updated the Back in the USA page, adding photos from Seattle, Grand Caverns, and Summer 2010. Added some more people to the people page.
10 April 2010: Changed up the Back in the USA page, moving fall photos and adding photos from the winter and from our trips to Washington, D.C., and Montreal, Canada. Updated the older pages and added some content to the Sunrise, Sunset, fall,
and waterfall pages.
20 December 2009: Added photos to the fall foliage folder for 2009 and created the Back in the USA page.
13 September 2009: Finished updates with pages from Iceland, Kiev, Bergen, and Sofia. We should be pretty much up to date!
11 September 2009: Added photos from our trips to France and Jersey and Dubrovnik. Changed the layout to our Travels in Europe page. Took out the now-outdated links from the update entries from before the site redesign.
Sometime in March 2009: Added photos from Barcelona and Andorra, Nurnberg, and Bamberg.
21 February 2009: New photos, from our trip to Rome and the Vatican.
25 January 2009: Added photos of the fireworks from New Year's Eve to the Wiesbaden page, and created a page for our second trip to Malta.
22 October 2008: Caught up the last
three months. Added Slovenia, Finland and Estonia to Travels
in Europe, photos from an abandoned prison in Zweibruecken and
the closure ceremony for Cambrai-Fritsch Kaserne in Darmstadt to Living
in Germany, and added new photos to the fall
and waterfalls pages.
15 July 2008: Where to start? Pretty
much updated the entire site. Changed the front page, changed the
layout, added a lot of content, and brought the entire site completely
up to date. New look courtesy of the free Jalbum software, available
10 July 2008: LONG overdue for updates.
Changed the castles page and finally cleaned up the Travels
2007 page. I am working with a new format, which means less
text, none for now, actually. I'll add some at some point.
Coming soon: the United Kingdom, Portugal, Florence, Ireland, Switzerland,
25 July 2007: Added photos to the second
2006 travel page. Started on 2007 travel pages, then realized
I had more photos to edit and upload, so those pages aren't ready to go
up yet. The next update is coming soon and will get me current through
15 July 2007: A lot of much-needed
updates! Updated my fall page and my second castles and ruins page. Added a Malta page and a third castles and other ruins page.
9 November 2006: Added France
page. Finally. And some IR test photos added to the
miscellaneous page. All up to date, for now.
7 November 2006: Added EUMETSAT and
Wiesbaden weinfest photos to the Travels 2006 page. Made a second castles
and other ruins page for Schmidtburg, Kyrburg, Kloster Stuben,
and other places. France page coming soon.
5 November 2006: It's been a busy couple
of months. Got a new camera that captures pictures only in the infrared
and near-infrared spectra, so updated the equipment page. Added pictures of Amsterdam to the Low Countries page. Split off the Travels 2006 page to add a
second page for Bernkastel-Kues and Budapest. And coming
soon: more castles, and France gets its own page! (Who knew?)
5 August 2006: Added more photos of
Afghanistan to my second Afghanistan page. Updated my equipment
page, and added a page on our travels in 2006. And for now, I'm pretty much up to date (until I go shooting again).
4 August 2006: In addition to moving
all of my pages over to my domain, I put up two new pages, one
on Iraq, the other on Afghanistan. Also added some new content to my Kuwait page.
24 July 2006: Finally got two new pages
up: one on castles and other ruins, the other on Belgium, Luxembourg, and Trier. Also mirrored my home page, so if members.aol.com
is blocked by a web nanny, cldphoto.com should still work. Over time, I'll
move all the pages over here. Coming soon: more Afghanistan, more Kuwait,
some Iraq, and European travels from 2006.
12 June 2006: The updates are coming!
I've uploaded photos thrrough April 2006, just need to finish uploading
through June 2006 and slap some pages together.
31 August 2005: Changed my deployment
pages around a bit to devote an entire page to Afghanistan.
Also, photos from my R&R in Italy and Germany coming soon.
11 June 2005: Added more photos to my
deployment page. Also, I just noticed that I promised Prague photos back in October. Since my photos are in Germany and I am here, don't expect those any time before, say, February 2006.
24 May 2005: Happy Victoria Day! After
sitting idle for over four months, my deployment page has finally been updated! Enjoy.
16 January 2005: My deployment page is up. From now until, say, 2006, any updates I have will go there. Enjoy.
4 October 2004: The Irish page is up and running. Apparently, working without a self-imposed deadline is a good thing. Cleaned up the front page a little; more cosmetic changes might be coming, but I won't bother to annouce them. Prague pictures coming soon, but since we don't leave for another four days and won't return until the 11th, don't expect them this week.
24 September 2004: Three weeks later,
Christian and Kelly's Travels (2004) is finally complete and added to the
front page. Lesson learned: promise nothing until I can deliver. Scanning
Irish slides is going well, so look for an Irish page (and possibly a change
to the front page layout) sometime between now and the Second Coming. I
31 August 2004: I thought I was lazy
last time. Sheesh. Coming by the end of the day: Christian
and Kelly's Travels (2004). Coming soon: making the thumbnails
proportional (I have no idea why I chose 180x120, but it ain't working
-- I'm switching them all to 160x120, slowly). Coming in a few weeks: Ireland!
14 March 2004: I've been really slack,
so plenty of changes today. Added more Cliff Dwellings and Pueblos. Updated Fall, Arizona Deserts, and Arizona Ghost Towns pages. Took all of the HitBox code off all my pages (bastards actually want me to pay for statistics), as well as the link to my guest book (which apparently decided to vanish without a trace). Got guestbook-type comments for me? Email
13 October 2003: Added rock
art and sky islands pages. Combined "Balloons" (2001) and "Blood and Fire" (1999) presentations on the miscellaneous page. Generally updated the heck out of things, moved some photo sets here and there. Take a look!
12 October 2003: FINALLY updated my cliff
dwellings page. This used to be cliff dwellings and rock art; I'm
adding a separate rock art page tomorrow. Also added a few Arizona waterfalls
to my waterfalls page. Apologies to return visitors -- it has been far, far too long since I've updated this site. I'll try to be better in the future.
23 July 2003: Updated the "Rules Every
Photographer Should Know" section of my photo
links page. Federal administrative law can be cool, kids!
21 July 2003: Added photos of an abandoned
Titan II missile complex to the ghost forts page.
29 June 2003: Added photos of my 7-8
June 2003 trip to Aravaipa Canyon to the Arizona Canyons page and the People
page, as appropriate. Will add some photos of my 14-15 June 2003
trip to Aravaipa when I get my digital camera working again.
20 June 2003: Got engaged to my girlfriend
Kelly tonight. We're looking at a 28 March 2004 wedding. Not really photography
related, but hey, my website, my rules. Want to see a couple of pictures
of the future Mrs. Kelly Deichert?
14 May 2003: Complained about inappropriate
crap in my guestbook. Since I later got rid of my guestbook (or it of me,
one of the two), this is now pretty much moot, yeah?
7 May 2003: Despite a 4 AM wake-up
call the next day, created Ghost Towns Part 4 and shuffled some content around at Part 1 and Part 2. Also added new content to Ghost Forts of the Southwest, Cliff Dwellings and Rock Art, and People. Then went to bed.
20 February 2003: After a busy weekend
shooting in New Mexico, created Cliff Dwellings and Rock Art page. Also added new content to Ghost Forts of the Southwest. Thought about creating updates page but didn't get around to it until May 7.
to the index.
All content © 1998 - 2009 Christian
L. Deichert. All rights reserved.